Today, 69 2nd graders at La Academia de Estrellas Charter School promised to continue doing one small action that will lead to big results! Each student promised to turn the water off each time they brush their teeth.
The beginning of a new year has many people changing their habits and ways of living. Often we want to be healthier, happier, and more adventurous. We here at EEI would like to encourage us all to also be more conscious of the way we use our precious natural resources. Below we have some tips you can use to…
Many raw materials are needed to produce the items we use on a daily basis. Disposable utensils, plastic bags, disposable water bottles, batteries, clothing, pencils, crayons, cell phones, televisions…and the list goes on!
How are we able to sustain over 7 billion people using the resources that we currently have on the Earth?
We become conscious consumers of our resources.
- We use reusable plastic bottles and fill them with tap water.
- We recycle our paper, plastic, metal, and glass so that it can be used to create NEW items.
- We find new ways to reuse and re-purpose our items. Like these cool ideas.
These are just a tiny portion of the things we can do to save water and recycle more. Here are some ways you can recycle more: http://www.dosomething.org/actnow/actionguide/ways-recycle-reduce-waste.
DEW, the Dallas Water Conservation Mascot, visited with Council members Dwaine Caraway of District 4 and Scott Griggs of District 1 at the Turkey Giveaway & Health Fair!
DEW reminds every citizen in Dallas to SAVE WATER by doing simple things like:
- turning off the water when you brush your teeth & wash your hands
- only using the dishwasher or washing machine when it is full
- watering your lawn before 10am or after 6pm only twice a week
- taking shorter showers