- Dallas Zero Waste Site – http://www.dallasrecycles.com/
- I Want to Be Recycled – http://www.iwanttoberecycled.org/
A campaign by Keep America Beautiful with a wealth of information about recycling (e.g., with special facts about glass, steel cans, aluminum cans, plastic bottles, and paper) and a way for students and teachers to get involved in the action!
- US Environmental Protection Agency – http://www.epa.gov/students/teachers.html
Environmental and science based lesson plans, activities, and more.
- Green Dallas…building a greener city – http://greendallas.net/
Information about sustainable projects and activities in Dallas, Texas.
- Classroom Paper Recycling – http://www.tryengineering.org/lesson-plans/
Students work in teams to recycle and manufacture their own recycled paper, later evaluating current processes for paper development on a larger scale (ages 8 – 18)
- Trash to Treasure – http://www.teachengineering.org/
Students create a useful product using “trash” and an engineering design process.
- National Environmental Education Foundation – http://eeweek.org/
This Engineering a Sustainable World Toolkit highlights STEM activities, with lessons for grades K – 12.
- “A Kids Guide to Recycling Glass and Plastic” – http://www.bottlestore.com/kids-guide-to-recycling-glass-and-plastic