- Plastic Bags*
- Plastic Packaging
- Styrofoam (To-go boxes, Cups, Plates)
- Paper Towels, Facial or Toilet Tissue
- Water Hoses
- Metal Hangers (Ask Your Dry Cleaners If They Accept These)
- Shredded Paper
*Plastic bags can be recycled at your local grocery or retail store.
Placing unaccepted items into the recycling roll cart can:
- Create serious risks for the employees who collect and sort your recycling
- Contaminate an entire load of recyclables causing the material to be sent to the landfill
- Decrease the amount of revenue that goes back to the City of Dallas
- Cause expensive damage to the machines that process and sort the recyclables
To use your local community recycling container, click here.