Our high school members serve as ambassadors for Dallas EEI and participate in events and activities throughout Dallas, Texas
Students gain experience and leadership skills while working alongside city employees, university professors, graduate and undergraduate students, and their peers. Members also assist the Project Coordinator in creating a social media campaign to engage youth and citizens of Dallas, Texas with creative and informative content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and our blog. Finally, members receive official City of Dallas EEI and Team WaterWorks shirts and giveaways.
Mission: Our mission is to build the next generation of conservation leaders and inspire lifelong stewardship of our environment by engaging young people in hands-on service.
What will YOU do as a member of Team WaterWorks?
- Participate in and create a project and proposal for your school and present your ideas at an annual Environmental Summit. The project proposal you will submit will have an environmental theme and more details will be given when you are a member.Your project may be eligible for financial support to make it a reality. For example, if you want to start an environmental club or organization at your school, we may provide support for your project.
- Participate in community events and volunteer opportunities.
- Create and host events in YOUR community
- Create content for social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and a blog to engage the community of Dallas, Texas. Content may take the form of videos, photos, status updates, and blog posts.
What benefits will YOU receive as a member of Team WaterWorks?
- experience creating and presenting a research project to current scientists in the field of environmental science
- develop and hone your leadership, communication, and teambuilding skills
- be eligible for community service/volunteer hours
- learn from and volunteer alongside City of Dallas employees, university professors, and graduate & undergraduate students
- participate in community events, such as Earth Day Dallas
- create content for a social media campaign
- create a project for your school and possibly receive support to make it a reality
- gain experience to add to a resume or college application